Welcome to Healthy and Fabulous in less than 20 AND welcome to the world of quinoa. Although quinoa is a grain crop, it is actually the seed we consume. These edibe seeds are related to spinach, beets, and chard. They are gluten-free, extremely rich in nutrients and a complete protein. And if that wasn’t’ fabulous enough, they cook in 15 minutes!
Let’s get our quinoa on so we can stay busy, stay healthy, and stay fabulous!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients: organic sprouted quinoa, asparagus, baby bellas, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, coconut oil, pink Himalayan salt, black peppercorn *All produce is organic
- Boil 2 cups of water stovetop
- Measure 1 cup quinoa of and pour into a thin strainer. Rinse the quinoa well.
- Add the rinsed quinoa to the boiled water. Cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes. Optional: add a little salt to the boiling water
- Wash and slice the asparagus, mushrooms, and tomatoes
- Coat a frying pan with a little olive oil and a little coconut oil. Add the mushrooms and asparagus
- Sauté for a few minutes. Then add the tomatoes.
- Grind salt and pepper to taste and continue to lightly sauté vegetables (cooking time depend on how you prefer your vegetables. The longer you cook them, the more nutrients are lost).
- Once the quinoa has absorbed all the water, add a drop of olive oil and salt
- Serve quinoa in a bowl topped with sautéed vegetables
- Enjoy your perfectly balanced meal!
New to this site? Here are some other recipes you’ll enjoy!