Welcome to Healthy and Fabulous in less than 20. I’m a huge fan of roasted vegetables because it is easy, simple, and inexpensive to make something that tastes so fancy and full of flavor. In honor of spring and my birthday month, I decided to be a little extra colorful (hence the purple cauliflower!) Enjoy, and as always…
Stay busy, stay healthy, and stay fabulous
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients: butternut squash, purple cauliflower, carrots, butter, cinnamon, olive oil, pink Himalayan salt, black peppercorn
*In order to prepare this meal within 20 minutes, you will need to buy precut squash. If you buy a whole squash and want to peel and cut yourself (huge props to you!) add another 10-12 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Wash all your veggies and then place cut squash, cauliflower, and whole carrots in a large roasting pan.
- Bunch the squash close together and add small bits of real butter spread out over the squash only. Then top with a nice layer of cinnamon.
- Spray the cauliflower and carrots with a thin layer of olive oil. Add salt and pepper and place in the oven.
- After 15 minutes pull out your roasting pan. Use a spatula to mix up the squash so that the butter and cinnamon can be absorbed by most of the pieces. Then add a little more butter (in total I only use about 2 tbsp. butter). *To make this a vegan recipe, use olive oil instead of butter
- Mix up the cauliflower and rotate the carrots. Taste and decide if you need to add any more salt and pepper. Then roast for another 5 minutes
- After 20 minutes, pull them out. They should be slightly browned and very flavorful. If you want to add more texture, simply roast for another 5-10 minutes
- Enjoy your delicious, extremely healthy, fancy vegetables!
New to this site? Here are some other recipes you’ll enjoy!