Welcome to week two of Healthy and Fabulous in less than 20! Each Tuesday, I post a simple recipe with this criteria: Real food, few ingredients, delicious, and…. will be on your plate in 20 minutes or less. Check out last week’s Vegan Vegetable Purée here.
Stay busy, stay healthy, stay fabulous
Luxurious Lamb Chops with Gorgeous Green Options
Preparation Time: 15 min
Ingredients: organic lamb chops, romaine lettuce, 1 pear or apple pear, black peppercorn, Pink Himalayan Salt, lemon wedge
- Preheat the oven on broil
- Place lamb chops (I personally love Gelsons-you will taste the quality in each bite) in a roasting pan. Add fresh ground pepper and Pink Himalayan Salt (I’m obsessed with this lately!) to both sides of each lamb chop.
- Place lamb chops in the oven on broil for 5 minutes *Set a timer! Broiling meat burns very easily.
- Pull the lamb out and flip it over. Put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes. That is 10 minutes of cook time-no longer.
- Take the lamb chops out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes
- Choose a salad option. I like to either place each lamb chop on a giant piece of romaine lettuce. OR, make a salad. If you choose the first option, choose a lettuce piece for each chop and you are ready to go!
- To make the salad, chop or cut romaine lettuce. Cut up 1 small pear or apple pear to add to the salad (The crispy apple pear compliments the savory lamb and green salad very well).
- Squeeze a large lemon wedge on the salad as dressing
- Sit back, appreciate your creation–and ENJOY!
Tip: Save more time by making your salad while the lamb is cooking