So stay busy, stay healthy, and stay fabulous!
Pan Seared Chicken with Alfredo Vegetables
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients: Organic free-range chicken breast (with skin and bone), broccoli, cauliflower, cheese (My favorite is 5 Spoke grass fed raw welsh cheddar), coconut flakes, black peppercorn, pink Himalayan sea salt, coconut oil. *all ingredients are 100% organic
- Coat a frying pan with coconut oil and let it get hot. *Coconut oil is a healthy high heat oil that adds a nice flavor to the chicken
- Once the oil is hot, place cleaned chicken breast in pan. Grind fresh salt & pepper over the chicken and cover.
- Keep stovetop on a low/medium setting. The chicken will take the full twenty minutes to cook. Flip once or twice throughout.
- While chicken is cooking, cut and wash the broccoli and cauliflower (or do what I did and buy them already cut and washed!)
- Fill the bottom of a large pot with water, resting your steamer on top. Place veggies in steamer and cover for 2- 3 minutes. No more!
- Place lightly steamed broccoli and cauliflower on a baking sheet atop tin foil
- Lay thinly sliced layers of cheese on top. Keep the broccoli & cauliflower close together so that the cheese melts over the veggies, not the tin foil.
- Place in the oven on about 375˚. Roast the veggies until cheese melts.
- With a few minutes left on the chicken, sprinkle coconut flakes on top and continue cooking uncovered.
- When the chicken has a golden brown skin and is no longer pink on the inside, you are ready to serve next your lightly steamed & roasted vegetables.
- Eat with love
New to this site? Here are some other recipes you may enjoy!