Welcome to Healthy and Fabulous in Less than Twenty! Each Tuesday, I post a simple recipe with this criteria: Real food, few ingredients, delicious, and…. will be on your plate in 20 minutes or less. Check out my Vegan Roasted Vegetable Purée or luxurious lamb chops here. Stay busy, stay healthy, and stay fabulous
Blackened Salmon with Sautéed Broccoli
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients: salmon (My choice: Santa Monica Seafood), broccoli, yellow onion, Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Blackened Redfish Magic Seasoning Blend, preferred cooking oil
- Spray or coat a frying pan with your preferred oil. I usually use organic olive oil, organic sesame oil, or organic coconut oil
- Thinly slice your onion and place into pan
- Break off small pieces of broccoli and add to pan. Turn your stovetop to a low-medium setting and begin to sauté the broccoli and onions uncovered. Keep an eye on them (while preparing salmon). Sauté to taste, stirring them around occasionally (I like to wait until the onions are soft but the broccoli still has some crunch)
- Turn the oven to broil
- Rinse your salmon and dry. Place on a baking sheet atop tin foil
- Apply a thin layer of The Blackened Redfish Magic Seasoning Blend (this really is magical!)
- Place in the oven on broil for 5 minutes. Check your fish. In my oven it takes exactly 8 minutes. However, I highly recommend you check the fish after 5 minutes and then each minute thereafter until it is ready. *Set a timer! It will appear reddish/black on top because of the seasoning and a soft, light pink on the inside.
- Take the salmon out of the oven while the broccoli & onion sauté finishes
- When the vegetables are cooked to your liking, place the stirfry and salmon on a plate and serve
- Smile, you are about to consume some very delicious brain food!