Welcome to my launch of Healthy and Fabulous in Less than Twenty. Each Tuesday, I’ll post a simple recipe with this criteria: Real food, few ingredients, delicious, and…. will be on your plate in 20 minutes or less. So stay busy, stay healthy, and of course stay fabulous!
Vegan Roasted Vegetable Purée
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients: carrots, celery, red onion, broccoli, olive oil, garlic (otional), black pepper, sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375˚
- Place carrots, celery, onion, and broccoli in a roasting pan. I like to fill the pan with about the same portion size of each vegetable. A clove or two of garlic is also a nice touch
- Spray vegetables with a thin layer of olive oil and add fresh ground pepper and sea salt
- Roast vegetables until they slightly brown (about 15 minutes)
- Place roasted veggies in a blender (I used a vitamix). Add a heaping handful of spinach and 2 cups of water
- Blend until smooth and enjoy!