I’ve been fine-tuning my chia pudding recipe for a while now and I’m happy to say that I have finally found my favorite. So I’m going to share this recipe with two options, chocolate and plain. I love them both, it just depends on my mood. Chia pudding is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without spiking your blood sugar. It is rich and satisfying. This naturally gluten-free and vegan recipe is anti-inflammatory, high in anti-oxidants, and is simply delicious.
Preparation Time: Under 5 minutes to prepare, 5+ hours to congeal in fridge
Ingredients: Trader Joes light coconut milk (in the can), chia seeds, raw cacao powder (optional), frozen cherries
- Pour 1 can of coconut milk into a mason jar
- Add 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Optional: For chocolate pudding add 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- Add a handful of frozen cherries
- Shake vigorously and put in fridge. Pudding needs at least 5 hours to thicken. I usually make it at night, set it in the fridge and then eat it for breakfast in the morning (highly recommended!)
- Once the pudding is ready to eat, slice open the cherries (they will now be defrosted). The juice spreads throughout the coconut-based pudding, adding flavor and sweetness.
- Add a few more frozen cherries on top and you’re ready to go. It is that simple!
New to this site? If you like this recipe, you’ll also like our vegan ice-cream